Content that Converts Checklist
Managing all the tasks that come with improving your conversions can feel a bit overwhelming. Having a good checklist can make a world of difference. This checklist helps you get organized so that you can boost your conversions, build your list, and increase sales.
Growing Your Leads with an Opt-In Offer that Converts
- Identify the types of content that your audience responds to. Look back at past content and assess success. What kinds of content performed best? What emotions can you tap into to motivate an opt-in? For example, can you end their frustration? Brainstorm topic ideas that your customers respond to are searching for online and that solve a problem and naturally lead them to take the next step with your company.
- Identify the type of opt-in offer that you will create. For example, a webinar or an eBook offer a high perceived value. Longer content performs better than shorter content to convert leads to customers.
- What emotions are your prospects experiencing? What problem are they dealing with right now? Create an opt-in that focuses on those emotions and solves their problem.
- Based on past performance and an understanding of your prospect’s emotions, wants, and current needs create a content plan to promote your opt-in offer. Consider:
- Longer content
- High-value content that provides a solution (case studies, how-to articles, white papers)
- Content that boosts credibility and authority. (Testimonials, endorsements, credible facts, and information)
- Content series, webinars, and eBooks can help build buzz
- Brand your content. Make sure your brand voice and personality come through in your list building content. Use:
- Customer Stories
- Personal stories
- Consistent formatting, colors, and images (like what I've done at the top of all my blog posts).
- Add a Call to Action. Make sure each piece of content designed to promote and grow your list has a call to action that reflects that goal. In longer content, you can include more than one call to action. Place the CTA where the reader will notice it. Keep the language clear and straightforward. Test and track the language and buttons that you use in your CTA to determine what has the best results ( P. S. lines are best for CTA's).
Increasing Your Sales – Converting Leads to Customers
- Identify your USP, Unique Selling Proposition. What makes your business, products, or approach different? Why should your customers choose you over everyone else? Make sure that USP resonates in your opt-in as well as your other content.
- What can you promise your customers? What benefit, value, emotion, or result can you ensure they’re going to receive? Make sure that information is communicated in your opt-in as well as your other content.
- Consider embracing segmentation when communicating with your leads and customers. Where are they in the buying process? Where are they in your sales funnel? How do your leads differ from one another and how can you connect with them in your content?
- Focus on content that converts lead to customers including but not limited to:
- Case studies
- White papers
- eBooks (and workbooks)
- Don’t forget to integrate your brand into your content and your opt-in to ensure consistency. Your logo, consistent formatting, and language can help create a strong brand that your prospects respond to.
- Call to action. Every piece of content designed to convert readers into subscribers and subscribers to customers needs to have a goal and an important call to action. Make sure your CTAs align with your goals.
Use this checklist to keep track of everything you need to do to create content that converts. Create systems and repeat the process each time you’re ready to take your business to the next level, launch a product or service, or release a new opt-in offer.
I hope you found value out of today's blog post. If you did, please comment and share the love.
R. Paul Maynard
RPMaynard66 – Skype
P. S. If you are saying to yourself, “I have the hardest time creating content” I know how you feel because I felt the same way when I started creating content, but what I found was a system which taught me how to never run out of content…EVER! This system will solve every challenge you are having with your business. I would suggest if you are serious about your business and are having any challenges. You should watch this short presentation from my mentor Brian Finale. WATCH HOW TO HAVE ALL YOUR PROBLEMS SOLVED HERE