A good marketing campaign is a well-oiled machine indeed. There are so many components that must tie in together and in a timely manner. Everything from the promotion to the marketing list is a necessary component to consider.
While you may know exactly what to do for a successful marketing campaign, there is also a list of mistakes to avoid along the way, as well.
1. Not knowing your target audience – while this one may seem simple, sometimes it does go awry. When you know your target audience, the rest will flow more smoothly. There are times when you may have your campaign intact and realize that half way through, you have targeted more than one audience. Your target audience needs to be specific.
2. Not keeping up with appropriate deadlines – not keeping up with deadlines is a deadly hitch in the wheels of marketing progress. Since there are many components integrated into an email marketing campaign, all of them must work fluidly at a steady pace. It is integral to keep up with deadlines and to maintain an eye on them to make certain that each department is in unison with the next.
3. Trying to go it alone – how many times as a marketing director or a marketing manager, have you tried going it alone and doing most of the work yourself rather than overseeing the project? As a leader, it is important to model those leadership qualities and oversee that the project runs smoothly from start to finish and hold your team accountable while delegating at the same time. It is perfectly acceptable to roll up your sleeves and get down and dirty, but it is also okay to know when to step away. Anyone who tries to juggle too many balls in the air at once is bound to drop them all.
4. Forgetting to think outside the box – you may believe that you have every possible aspect of your campaign ready to go, but digging deeper than anyone else is what sets an outstanding marketing campaign out from the rest. If you want to stand out above and beyond the rest, dig deeper. Perhaps, you are doing a marketing campaign on heart healthy foods – forgetting that February is heart healthy month in certain areas is a big mistake. Make sure you do your research and then do it all over again.
5. Have back up – have someone be your accountability partner. When you have an assistant that can look over your campaign with a fresh eye, you have a valuable asset. Two sets of eyes are better than one and someone with a different point of view or opinion may say something you have entirely missed or never would have thought of in the first place.
With these tips in place of what not to do, you can focus more steadily on what to do to run a successful campaign.
If you found any value in this post please comment and share.
R. Paul Maynard
P. S. Do you really want to learn how to earn 6-figures? Here's a 5-step formula which 6-figure earners follow. CHECK IT OUT HERE